Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Keep From Getting Bored Out of Your Skull at Work


The article, "30 Things to Do to Keep From Getting Bored Out of Your Skull at Work" from zenhabits has made me realize why government workers (city or federal) are so ineffective and inefficient at work. It's because they can't keep themselves busy when they don't have enough to do. I'm not suggesting to start finding new work on top of your lazy office mate's desk. I mean work that stimulate's some gray matter, like finishing that novel, posting to your blog, figuring out who Maria Theresa of Austria is (Marie Antoinette's mom) or playing a brief game of solitaire. Stuff that betters yourself and uses your brain.

Some of the things on this list are better done with an office door closed (sadly, goodbye, crunches). But most of the ideas are intelligent and instructive (hello, hunt for a new job).

Yes, I'm complaining about bureaucracy and government again, because, basically in the microcosm of the government world, it's impossible to get anything done with half the websites on the internet blocked. Including my own. And probably yours. And all the tech experts at Microsoft's. I'll make up for my bitchiness with the hilarity of my next post. Promise.

0 sugar rushes:

Post a Comment