Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Upside Of Being An Introvert


This week's Time magazine's cover story begins with an anecdote I am all too familiar with: I have never been to a party, where I did not hide out in the bathroom for ten minutes. It's nice and quiet in the loo. So, shhhh.

"The Upside of Being an Introvert (and why extroverts are overrated)", explores the difference between introversion and shyness, lists some pretty awesome introverted public figures (we get Hillary Clinton!) and discusses research that shows how highly reactive babies tend to be hyper-sensitive and more likely to grow into introverts.

Time has some lovely side-along online content at, "Shhhh! The Quiet Joys of the Introvert", where you can take a quiz as well.

Hey, even though Myers-Briggs has been agreeing with me since I was 16, you might need a second opinion.

0 sugar rushes:

Post a Comment